Monday, November 22, 2010

Random cools


Here's some of the random of today:

1. Short day at school! Principals gave us the "Gift of Time" so when the students left at 1:00, so could we. I drove right to the grocery store and got all the things I need for Thanksgiving.

2. After I unloaded the groceries, I went upstairs to catch up on my blog-reading. Here is the weirdest thing. I turned on an episode of Dexter (my new obsession, thanks to COUNTLESS recommendations) and I was lying on my belly with a pillow under my head watching. Then I think I touched my tooth or something because I woke up 20 minutes later with my hand in my mouth. (??) I also rolled over and took a 4 hour nap. FOUR HOURS!?! Either I was actually exhausted, my body really need it, or I'm catching coma naps from MCubed. At any rate, when I finally woke up and rolled downstairs, I actually felt awesome. Way to go, coma nap! But will I fall asleep tonight? This remains to be known...

3. I skyped with Mom today on her birthday :) and I also skyped with Joy, Kevin and Owen! Kevin was sweet enough to take Owen out of his snuggly carrier so I could see his cuteness. Oh my gosh, he is SO cute! I just can't wait to go see him. I'm trying to go out there on December 5th. It was really nice to see Owen's parents, too. They look wonderful and I miss them. Can't wait to see the whole Ackert fam.

4. Lou and I watched "Oprah's Favorite Things" tonight. This year, because Opes is in her last season, she decided to do TWO Favorite Things episodes. The first one was great. I always watch these episodes sitting on the ground, close to the TV so I can feel like I am part of it. I saw more women and men cry, lose their cool, drop to the ground, and I SWEAR (check the DVR!!) I saw a man run into a wall in absolutely ecstasy. He ran into a wall. Like he just couldn't control himself. It was amazing. So, the first episode was awesome. I was watching it and she just kept giving away amazing thing after amazing thing. And I love this show and the giving spirit. At one point, she was giving away this amazing hair care line. My mouth was hanging open but then I got SUPER impressed when one of the parts of the hair care line was this little make-up pencil for hair so that you can touch up your roots. My jaw dropped open completely and Lou burst out laughing. She's been doing this a lot lately. She laughed and said, "I can't believe how much you just lost it over something you have absolutely No use for." true story. But it was still cool! I guess the number of people waiting to get on the first show was huge, so the Oprah show had to turn some people away. But they brought them all into the studio and surprised them with a 2nd favorite things show (which I personally think was better than the first). It was amazing. And the audience was filled with do-gooders and people who spend their lives giving back, so they were all so deserving and humble. Lou and I both got a little teary when this older woman just mouthed out to Oprah (who definitely couldn't see her) "thank you".

5. I'm starting to get some ideas together for 2011. Grand plans for my 30th year of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment