Sunday, November 7, 2010

Friday stories

I went to the post office on Friday. My post office is like a secret gem. It's usually empty and the employees are nice! When I went this time, I saw a big jar of candy on the counter with a sign on it that said "This Candy is for Children ONLY!!". I remarked to the man helping me, "That's really sad that you have to put that sign on there!" He said, "Yes it is. The reason we have to do that is because there is an older gentleman who supplies the candy. He had been bringing it for years and then he stopped for a few weeks. We found out that he had fallen and broken his hip. I went to the store and bought exactly what he usually brought. It was $58 worth of candy! We knew he was on a fixed income, so now we have a little envelope in the back where people can give a dollar and whenever he comes in, we're going to give him that money toward the candy we know he'll be bringing in."

I didn't have a dollar, but I will definitely bring one next time!

Also, while we were talking, I asked for 10 stamps. I didn't specify. When I got home, I found that my friendly post office helper had given me....

BOB HOPE STAMPS! hahaa. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love cute old men! You had a cute old man double whammy!

    ReplyDelete