Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Really Can't Sleep


I am realizing that I will need to get more exercise so that I will actually be able to sleep this summer. It's amazing to me how quickly I have changed sleeping habits. I don't actually like nocturnal summer Caitie, though, because my dog sleeps and I'm awake. Thank goodness that Netflix instant play saves me from bad late night tv.

Since I'm wide awake, I decided to brainstorm a wish list for myself. I have given myself 3 years in which I'll acquire these things, in no particular order.

1. I would like a new memory foam mattress topper. I kind of like this one: mattress topper

2. I would like a new tv for my room. Nothing crazy extravagant. Costco has pretty good deals on hdtvs, though. I'm anticipating spending $250 or so dollars on something nice.

3. I would like a raincoat. I don't actually own one. I envision something like this:
or

4. I would like a tent. I think this one will probably be the first thing I buy. There is a camping trip planned for the beginning of August with Joy and Kevin and friends, and Pheebs and I will need a place to rest our heads. So, I'm looking into tents. So far, I really like these two:



The big debate is this: (because they are the same price- $59.99!) One is a well-known brand (the orange one is a Coleman) but the blue one isn't a name brand. However, the blue one is tall enough that I will be able to stand up in it. So, do I go for height or name brand? Both reviews were good. This debate will continue until I get paid in August.

I'm on a budget, people, that's why it's called a Wish List.


..... time to stop counting tents and start counting sheep.

1 comment:

  1. No sleep club! I'm going into a mock bar exam today with no sleep at all last night. It's doable, even though it sucks.

    ReplyDelete