Friday, July 2, 2010

I CAN QUIT JOY ANYTIME I WANT!


It's not an addiction. It's a friendship.

I was lucky enough to be able to spend the last few days with my best friend (since we were 13, though we met when we were 12 in Mr. Shaw's english class). Joy is her name. And Joy is her name. Joy.

When we get together, I usually learn something. In this trip, I learned a lot of somethings.

1. I learned how to use Google Reader to organize the blogs I read and it lets me know when there are new posts! I also learned lots of cool new blogs to follow. (And I'm still hoping for more suggestions from anyone!)

2. I learned that Kevin can control the sound system in his house through pandora on his new cell phone. (It's FANCY, and it even has a kickstand. That's probably not the technical term, but it sure has one).

3. I learned that two girls can go to the WV neighborhood pool with a mountain view and accidentally on purpose stay for 3 hours and 3 adult swims.

4. I learned where to put the corn cob holder in a formal place setting (learned = I decided).


(but you have to criss cross the corn stabbers. Again, probably not the technical term)

5. I learned that computers can be hooked up to big screen tvs and girls can lose hours looking at real estate in Maine, dreaming of running a Bed & Breakfast there one day...

6. I learned that black dogs love to fly down steps, missing the last couple in order to soar through the air, landing on soft carpet.



7. I learned that "the more, the merrier" is a true statement out at Joy's. Catherine came on Thursday and was definitely part of the reason I didn't go home-- it was too much fun to be around them!! And Kevin tolerated/loved all the bias in his house. :)

8. I learned that Joy loves to cook and is GREAT at it, but Kevin will happily come in as the "closer" for meals. He finished off cooking some quesadillas for us and turned our pasta dish into baked amazing! A lot of love goes into food at that house.

9. I learned that Joy and I can giggle on a mattress on the floor just like old school middle/high school sleepovers.

10. I learned that when pop-y jazz is on the house sound system, I will not be able to control my body and will dance/kick/move around until Joy says to me, "Who are you?! Bill Cosby!?!"

11. I learned that little black dogs will spend an entire weekend trying to get completely underneath larger redbone coonhounds. And sometimes she will succeed and fit perfectly. And sometimes the redbone coonhound has enough:



Yes, Joy, this is going on the blog. And even though I just couldn't seem to leave your house, I can quit you anytime I want.

But here's the thing... I don't want to.

:) Summerrrrr is greatttttttt...

1 comment:

  1. Sweet post Caitie--I loved every minute of your visit too! In fact, I learned:
    1. It is nice to do the dishes at night and wake up with a clean kitchen (most of the time).
    2. Walking 3 dogs is easy!
    3. Facebook holds most of the secrets to our world.
    4. Airbag lights have a mind of their own--but airbags always know how to work.
    5. Makeshift basement guest rooms work out just as well as real guest rooms.
    6. My baby will recognize Caitie in an instant--she's the one laughing!
    --Who can top that sh*$? Who can top that sh*%?

    ReplyDelete