Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy Birthday, Pup of mine!


My darling little Phebe turned One today. I've had her for nine months but she's been in this world for a year. What a lucky world.

She was only 5.5 pounds when I got her on October 17, 2009.

And scared of everything!

And she slept... a lot.. I miss those days.

She got bigger and more adventurous. (Adventurous= Mischievous)

But she let me dress her up at Christmastime.

And she did silly things in the snow.

And she grew some more, a lot more, in the springtime.

And let me put more clothes on her for St. Patrick's Day.
And she discovered that she can crawl around under my bed.
(and chased more than a few dust bunnies)
She loves to read trashy mags with me.

And she was the lifeguard on the 4th of July.

She learned a few tricks...


But since today is her birthday, we did some really special things. First, we went to PetsMart and had a "shopping spree" (coupon). She got some of her favorite toys and treats. I also made her a "cake" using peanut butter and milkbones.

She LOVED it!
She made a mess, typical.



Is this a one-year-old's birthday or what?

BIG SMILE!!

I love you, little Phebe. You're the most wonderful sidekick a girl could have.







6 comments:

  1. Aww man, I got all excited that it was my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Phebe! Great cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, you're my first pup (an important position). Peep, have fun at Letterman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Phebe :) Skylar wants you to scamper under her in celebration, at least I think that's what she was trying to tell me.

    Enjoy the milkbone/pb extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Phoebe!! What a great cake! :)

    ReplyDelete