Sunday, August 29, 2010

So long, sweet summer...

Before you read this post, hit play on this song. And then ignore the words/video because I noticed that some aren't spelled correctly. I'll work it out for you in this post. Just hit play. I'm not quite ready to deal with ornery children yet!

So long, sweet summer

I stumbled upon you and gratefully basked in your rays
So long, sweet summer...
I fell into you, now you're gracefully falling away

Hey thanks, thanks for that summer
it's cold where you're going
I hope that your heart's always warm

Dear Summer,

You have been amazing. You started with fun and just continued it for two whole months. I was able to relax and rejuvenate for the new school year. You let me go on some supremely exciting and awesome adventures. And I got to spend GOOD time with the people I care about. You let me have morning nap time with my puppy every morning in a comfortable bed with warm, black, fluffy softness. I'm really grateful, Summer.

So hey thanks... thanks for that summer.

Love,
Caitie


P.S. This is my Summer To Do List. I made it on June 28. I got almost everything crossed off AND it survived the "Great Diet Coke Flood of '10"





Summer, you ruled. But here's the thing... Fall is my FAVORITE season...

1 comment:

  1. Have a great day at work tomorrow! Methinks this is going to be the best year yet! (And I like the song, too, even though it's making me kind of sad.)

    ReplyDelete