Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can't Sleep, Brain's Full


Well, I can't sleep. Not surprising, giving the busy-ness of today.

I can't sleep. There are too many thoughts out there. Currently, it's how much I despise the George Lopez Show. His scratchy voice irritates me.

I can't sleep. I am thinking about some of the conversations my friends I had earlier. I don't ever want to sacrifice friend time for a boy ever again. I used to be really bad at that. But it's my True friends who have been there for me even after the all-consuming, caitie-light-darkening storms have passed through. So, I never want to miss out on my friends for a boy. Not again.

I can't sleep. The Top Chef contestant who was voted off tonight was SHOCKING. But he used too many ingredients all the time. Keep it Simple.

I can't sleep. There's a balance that needs to be created between time for me, time for my family, time for my friends and someday, time for my man. I will work on the first 3 right now.

I can't sleep. I read an article tonight about how people who claim they're "green" are still using plastic water bottles and driving solo to work instead of carpooling. Fake green. I'm fake green. I often think, "but one day when I have my Own house..." or "When I can organize my own kitchen..." But why do I think my life hasn't started yet? It's started. It's very much going along... What do I think is around the corner?

I can't sleep. I'll be 29 in 3 weeks.

I can't sleep. I want to reorganize my classroom. I want all my furniture magically in place before I arrive. I want a strong person to come in with me on Tuesday afternoon and help me move things. I don't think I'll have that, so I might as well get those "super slider" things you see on infomercials.

I can't sleep. I keep typing "I want" when I should be typing "I'd like".

I can't sleep. I obviously need to sleep or I wouldn't be rambling. I watched a scary movie tonight. Not like AAAAA scary, but creepy scary. Obsessed with Beyonce and Ali Larter. It was freaky and I think it put me on edge.

I can't sleep. I'm going home tomorrow. I think I need to go on a retreat and hole myself up at my mom's and read and relax.

I can't sleep. I'm about to pick up Eat, Pray, Love and start it. I hope it helps with some clarity that I also need.

I can't sleep. I'd like double paychecks to come one month, just to get a little bit ahead.

I can't sleep. I want to focus on the positive in my life. I love my family, I love my friends, I love my pup, I love my job. I get to be me these days. I had a blast with the ladies tonight. I love being silly with them. Lou got a promotion that's been coming to her for years. I cleaned the bejeebs out of our house and organized the craft room.

I can't sleep. August is a tough month on the budget. I want to go to JoAnn's fabric store and buy some fabric to make book holders for my kids. Like these.

I'll try to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I have nights like this...brain dumps are always a good thing! Do it more often, you'll feel better!

    1) ALWAYS make time for your friends and for you. Make it a priority, not an option. Me time = gym and basketball. My friends and I are trying to set ourselves up with friend success as well! One thing that will make that helpful, find a man who feels the same way!

    2) 29 was eh..but let me tell you 30 was amazing! Treat yourself like you're a fine wine, you DO get better with age!!! :)

    3) Double paychecks would be awesome! As long as they don't realize it's a mistake and want the money back!! :)

    ReplyDelete