Thursday, December 23, 2010

Very Christmas- December 23rd


In 2010, I have loved Coming Home.

Chesapeake is my home. I was born in Norfolk and lived in Portsmouth for the first couple years of my life, but the first house I remember growing up was the one on Silverwood Blvd. I've considered that my Home Base for 25 years. 25 years! I went through primary and elementary school, the awkward middle school years, the fun and sporty high school years... all of it through that front door.

But what's behind the door (and around the corner, and in nearby neighborhoods, and in Virginia Beach neighborhoods)... are my Home family and friends. My family is here. Mom, Dad, Stepdad, Stepmom, younger brothers, stepfamily. My friends are here, a lot of whom have known me since preschool, and they are definitely forever friends. They are the ones who know all my quirks. Some I have known and loved since preschool, some elementary school, and one elementary through college and I was in her wedding.

Sometimes I let the bustle of life sweep me up and I don't keep in touch with my Home family and friends as much as I would like to. But they are always in my heart. The Ones Who Know Me... and love me anyway.

Love.


It's good to be Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment