Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7th *picture* post


Day 07 – A picture of your favorite memory

My Favorite Memory is place... Chop Point Camp in Woolwich, Maine.  It's... there aren't words. It's like magic at that camp.  Summers fly by in a night.  You have to wear sweatshirts in the morning and are sweating by noon.  There is always someone to laugh with.  You can be yourself.  It's... wow.

I'm so glad I got to spend 2 camper summers and 4 counselor summers there...  Amen.


My second summer there, I completely bonded with Evan.  We were both workers (me- laundry lady, him- dishes) so we had some downtime.   We would raid the books downstairs in the dining hall for the most serious ones.  Then we'd spend hours on the floor laughing and making fun of them.  In our hands, we have Freud's "The Mind".  We had a field day with that one.  Someone caught this picture and I'll be forever thankful.

One of my counselor summers, we girls Ruled the docks as the lifeguards.  What a job.  LOOK WHERE WE WORKED!   On slow/cloudy days, we'd make up songs.  :)

Some days we actually worked!  :)    I love that I'm laughing at something... because I always was...

And I got to drive the Avon!  This rubber boat with a small motor bested me for 2 summers.  And two very scary practice runs.   But summers 3 and 4, I was the Avon master!

Get to know you games!  I always loved this first night of camp when everyone was new and nervous and I could be a complete nerd so that others would feel comfortable!  I hope campers became friends by laughing at me...

LOBSTER NIGHT!!  

Ok, this was fake.  But I was really guarding.

One of my favorite cabins... The Boathouse Girls :)

Most dock days...

Just so much fun...




Too many good memories :)

3 comments:

  1. That's a really nice looking green one-shoulder shirt you've got on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have been with me when I got that shirt at Rugged Wearhouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I finally made it in a pic! I mean, it's half of my face and I'm eating (typical)...but I made it! Me AND my Fiddler on the Roof shirt from Starr's Mill High School. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete