Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 26th *picture* post


Day 26 – A picture of something that means a lot to you



My house.  I grew up here.  We moved here when I was 3 so it's the only house I remember.  My bedroom is the last window on the right there.  That's my first car in the driveway (Harriet).  That means this picture was taken somewhere between Junior Year and Sophomore year of college. (when Harriet met her demise)

This will soon be someone else's house and I hope they make as many memories as we did.

I learned to ride a bike in the driveway.  I watched teenage boy friends toilet paper my house in the middle of the night and thought it was funny so I didn't tell my mom.  I had campouts with Laura in the barn.  I also kissed Ryan in the barn. I played "bank" by depositing magnolia leaves from the backyard into the mailbox. (I'm sure the mailman loved me).  I sat in that living room window and watched all the traffic in the neighborhood.  I watched Joy drive up on her Inaugural just-turned-16 drive.  I watched boyfriends pull up.  

So many memories.  I will miss my house.  A lot.  But like someone recently told me, just because the house is gone doesn't mean the memories disappear, too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've slept in this house...then took a Christmas-time tour through some sort of crafty wonderland. Happy memories! LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete