Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mom's Superbowl Proclamation- she's Psychic, I think

Last Year's Prediction

Well, she did it again.   Here are the last 4 Superbowl proclamations by one Mom of Mine.


  • Super Bowl XLII-- It was the Giants vs. the Patriots. My mom called me and said, "I've decided to go for the Giants because they are huge, huge beings who will step on the tiny little patriots. Patriots have small weapons, like tiny muskets and those won't even touch the Giants. So I'm going with the Giants." Score: Giants 17, Patriots 14. Well done, Mom.
  • Super Bowl XLIII-- It was the Steelers vs. the Cardinals. She called me with her annual proclamation and said, "Ok, so I'm thinking it will be the Cardinals because they can peck out the eyes of the slow-moving guys who work on assembly lines. And the birds can just fly out of the way of the men." Score: Steelers 27, Cardinals 23. Well, you can't win them all.
  • Super Bowl XLIV-- The Colts vs. the Saints. "So, I think it's going to be the Saints because they have wings and they have God on their side. Plus, colts aren't even full-sized horses yet, they're like, teenagers. I mean, four legs do not beat a pair of wings."   She also made this point: "New Orleans is a city that needs a win..."  Score: Saints 21, Colts 17. Stella had her groove back.
  • Super Bowl XLV- The Green Bay Packers vs. The Pittsburgh Steelers.  Evenly matched teams. I called mom.   She said, "To be honest, this was a hard one.  Packers and Steelers are both large, sweaty men who wear too-small t-shirts.  They are pretty much the same, except for one thing.  I'm giving the edge to the Packers because they are used to handling soft things... like cheese and meat, so they will deal with the players, the flesh, better.  Steelers just deal with hard things, like steel."     Score: Packers 31, Steelers 25.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Mom called it again.  Official proclamation record: 3-1.






***UPDATE: 2/10/11.  Trying to maintain her rep after reading this post, she sent me this email: "I revised my Cardinals proclamation.  I’d forgotten that Cardinals wear long robes and crosses.  They tripped over the robes, of course.  Silly me."

No comments:

Post a Comment