Tuesday, February 15, 2011

More secret movies

I posted about being Perpetually 12 years old awhile back.   Well, scanning through netflix instant play yesterday, I found a movie that will always get to me...

And I don't care if you judge me.  I will defend this movie choice below.

1. I have been all over the U.S. (yes, I have!) but there is a big part of my heart that loves the values (and even sometimes the accent) of the South.  Even though I am from the Virginia Beach area, I am drawn to the comfort, consistency and safety net that a Southern community provides.
2. I like small towns.
3. I like rocky romances where couples argue or fight or spar simply because they are completely in love with each other and it's entertaining to them both.
4. I don't like "classically handsome" men.  I like Josh Lucas, in this movie.  He's super cute and attractive without being obvious.  (P.S. remind me to blog about why my mom hates Nick Lachey.  It's awesome)
5. Who doesn't love a happy ending?


Ruggedly handsome without being obvious:
I like guys that get dirty doing stuff around the house...

And frankly, there's nothing like a good "Come on, y'all!" to get the blood pumping.

Sorry, Mom from New York.

2 comments:

  1. Um, I won't judge because I too, love this movie. I die everytime I hear, "What you wanna marry me for anyway?" " So I can kiss you anytime I want". Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cait, yet another reason to love this movie: filmed a lot in GA AND his "glass studio" is REALLY Starr's Mill--the namesake for my high school. It's just down the street from the actual mill.

    http://www.alancasey.net/Starr's%20Mill.html

    ReplyDelete