Saturday, February 26, 2011

Starstruck!

If you haven't already met him, this is Fred Armisen.  (in the dashing vest)   He's a regular on Saturday Night Live, he just came out with his own tv show and he's done some bit parts in movies.

Kat and Garth has been my favorite sketch for several months.  Watch a few...










On Friday night, I went to the Black Cat in DC to see "A Night with Fred Armisen."  He performed some music, some of his SNL characters and just basically had fun.  His show was a little short (about an hour and 15 minutes) so right before he left to go offstage before his encore, some jerk in the back shouted "TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS!"

When he came back onstage for his encore, he wanted to do a little Garth and Kat, but he said he needed some volunteers.   I didn't want to volunteer myself and stage fright took hold, but my wonderful roommate Lindsay (who knows this is my DREAM) started screaming, "HERE!! RIGHT HERE!! THIS GIRL!! SHE WANTS TO DO IT!!!"  He looked at me as if to say, "Do you really want to or is your friend just volunteering you?"  And I said, "Yes, I'd like to."  So I climbed up on stage....


I love him.

Here's a shorter part of it that Lou made with my camera... I could watch it for hours!!  :)

Hope you enjoy... It was such an awesome experience!!

(More Fred videos to come)

1 comment:

  1. So great! The whole fam just watched and enjoyed. What a cool experience and awesome that you could film it and share :)

    ReplyDelete