Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lucky Day- by some standards

Ok so.  Some of you don't know this about me.  I like gambling.  It's not a problem because I don't do it very often.  You won't find me on the weekends up at Charleston Races and Slots or anything, but I love it.

I am highly addicted to Scratchers. In college, Mandy and I took all our house-collected coins to a coinstar and then went and bought $75 worth of scratchers.  We actually ended up winning most of that money back!  I don't often keep cash on my person because I will buy them.  And waste my money.

But not today...

I went to BJs to get string cheese, popsicles and vitamins.  After I paid for my items, plus the Sandra Bullock US Weekly, I passed a Scratcher machine.  I had a ten dollar bill and 4 one dollar bills on my person.  Uh oh....

So I started small, I used only the 4 dollar bills and bought:

One of these (because I love Monopoly):
No dice.  Wasted $2.


And I bought two of these:
The first ticket was a dud.  But the second ticket-- I scratched off three $10 amounts-- which means I won $10!   

I could have taken my newly earned $10 bill (well, really only $6 that was new to me) and run with it, but I like to gamble (as previously stated).

So I put that $10 bill into the Scratchers machine and bought 3 new scratchers:

 No luck on Aces and 8s.

No luck on Crossword puzzle.  You have to scratch off 3 words to win a prize and I didn't get an "E".




Here it comes...  WAHOO!!  No, I didn't win $100,000.  But with my winning numbers, I did win $20. Yes!

I opted not to push my luck.  I profited $16 today!  

Wahoo!

2 comments:

  1. Shoot yeah, $16! I totally forgot about our awesome night of scratch offs. Remember how into it the gas station clerk was getting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Into it or super annoyed? He kind of varied... but did we care? No, we whipped out our nickels and started scratching away.

    ReplyDelete