Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hear Ye, Hear Ye- The Super Bowl has been called.

She's done it again. My mom has made her
Official Super Bowl Proclamation.
It's a highly scientific process. She's done it for at least the last 2 super bowls that I remember. (And to give her credit--she's been right 50% of the time.)
  • Example: Super Bowl XLII-- It was the Giants vs. the Patriots. My mom called me and said, "I've decided to go for the Giants because they are huge, huge beings who will step on the tiny little patriots. Patriots have small weapons, like tiny muskets and those won't even touch the Giants. So I'm going with the Giants." Score: Giants 17, Patriots 14. Well done, Mom.
  • Second Example: Super Bowl XLIII-- It was the Steelers vs. the Cardinals. She called me with her annual proclamation and said, "Ok, so I'm thinking it will be the Cardinals because they can peck out the eyes of the slow-moving guys who work on assembly lines. And the birds can just fly out of the way of the men." Score: Steelers 27, Cardinals 23. Well, you can't win them all.
So, here we are, Super Bowl XLIV-- It's the Colts vs. the Saints. And today I got the call.
"So, I think it's going to be the Saints because they have wings and they have God on their side. Plus, colts aren't even full-sized horses yet, they're like, teenagers. I mean, four legs do not beat a pair of wings."
She also made this point: "New Orleans is a city that needs a win..."
Alright, Alright, Sorry Peyton, my love, I will cheer for the Saints.
There you have it. Will she be correct? We'll have to see on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE your mom! Matt and I are laughing and laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd be unpatriotic to cheer for anyone other than the Saints and that's God's honest truth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, would you look at that? Al's 2 for 3. She was right, teenage horses.

    ReplyDelete