Friday, October 15, 2010

Chargers

...and not the team from San Diego.


There are certain people in your life who are your Chargers. They are the people you can talk to in your lowest times, in your happiest times, in their lowest times, in their happiest times, in tough times, in fun times, in sad times, in curious times... and they will always re-charge your inner batteries. If you're feeling sluggish and bogged down by life, just talking to them will feel like a breath of fresh air that lets you slow down... lets your brow uncrease... lets you laugh and breathe again.

I'm SO thankful for the Chargers in my life.


Now the rant part...

Sometimes people can be too caught up in their own lives to notice that a friend is in need. I'm so thankful for all the people who stuck by me last year and knew I'd be back to "me" again. I appreciate the people who didn't just want to be around the Fun and Crazy me. Because that's not me all the time. It's just not. It's not ever going to be. And I don't regret any decisions I've made about not putting myself around people who only want me one way. Thankfully, my glass is Much more full of Fun than anything else right now, but sometimes the contents shift and change because I'm normal. I'm human. I'm real.

I'll always be thankful that I feel my feelings. A co-worker of mine pokes fun at my "Poker Face" (or lack there of). It's true. You can always tell how I am feeling just by looking at me. And I'm not sure I want to change that... I'm a passionate person... and I like to feel. Lately at my place of work, I've been feeling more frustrated than anything else. Not with my students, but with other things that I will not discuss in such a public forum, but it takes it's toll on me. I have always been taught to stand up for what is right and what is fair and to go after what I want... and in my case, what my team wants.

Jana gave me a magnet for Christmas one year that said, "Given a cape, I'm fairly certain I could save the world." Sometimes I wish I could...

I'll keep trying...


... as long as I have my Chargers near me.

No comments:

Post a Comment