Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pickles

The craziest thing happened. One of those things that's so weird that you can still feel the weirdness for more than 3 hours.

I was in my classroom, teaching, and one our school's instructional assistants/my good buddy Dennis was also in the room. We were discussing examples of pulleys and talking about how most cranes have pulleys attached to them. RIGHT after we finished this discussion, I asked, "Ok, who can give me another example of a pulley?" One of my students shouted out, "A CRANE!" I sighed inwardly, and then shouted out his name in the exact same way he shouted out "A CRANE!". He kind of looked at me funnily and I said cheekily, "Oh, we aren't shouting out random things??"

Then, at the EXACT same time, Dennis and I said, "PICKLES!"

That was the most random thing that was in either of our brains. And we both said it. Out loud. We didn't plan it. We weren't looking at each other. It was so in sync (N*SYNC) that we actually didn't even hear the other one say it, but we knew right after it happened that something verrrry strange had happened.




Pickles.

So, there are other pickles in the world.

1 comment: