Monday, October 12, 2009

A Columbus Day Reminder

Teachers love Holidays. This is not brand new information. Today is the "first" holiday since school started- the salute to Christopher Columbus. I mean, thanks for discovering America, Columbus, but really- thank you for the much needed mental break.

I use days like this to "Get things done". A lot of working people can "Get things done" on their lunch breaks. My lunch break, however, is 20 minutes long and I spend half of that time quieting 3rd graders. :)

Today I took my car to get cleaned. On the way there, I drove through beautiful downtown Falls Church. I saw people... children... parents... painting the windows of the small businesses with Halloween pictures and it just looked so sweet and so "small town".


What a beautiful "thing to do" on a holiday!





2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of you! I had a day filled with rowdy high schoolers who wouldn't shut up.

    I'm excited to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea cait! glad to see your first post--and as always, glad to have you as a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete