Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Most Important Thing To Do

Counting blessings.

With all that's been in my head for the first 10 days of 2011, this is the most important thing I need to do right now.

In the order in which they pop into my head:

1. My mom.
2. My dog.  Especially that warm ball of pup in the mornings.
3. My health.
4. My job.
5. My good friends.
6. The use of my legs. (I've been watching Friday Nights Lights on netflix)
7. My family.
8. I have a car that runs.  *fingers crossed*
9. A warm home.
10. I get perfect advice from Joy.
11. The ability to laugh.
12. The ability to make others laugh.
13.  I can teach kids.  Not just be there with them, but actually help them learn.
14. I know what to do to take care of myself.   In many, but not all, ways.
15. My gym usage has quadrupled in the past 10 months.
16. I got my strength of conviction back.
17. I found my voice again.
18. I can take care of people again.
19. Netflix.
20. I can run at 6.7 mph for up to 2 miles.
21. I love to be in the classroom with my wonnnnderful class this year and don't want any snowdays!
22. I can cook better than I used to be able to.
23. My dog is in the first stages of calming down and not being SO puppyish anymore.


There are so many more things.   Sometimes I get nervous when I put all the things I'm thankful for out into the world because I feel almost like it invite a target on my back---to test me.  I hope not.

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful post Caitie...here I am drafting one about favorite TV shows! Can't wait to talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete