Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 is challenging

Among a lot of other things that have been difficult this year so far (5 days in!?), today we said goodbye to a part of our family...
 Our sweet Maggie was almost 15 years old (that's 105 in dog years) and she has been ailing for awhile.  I don't really know how to stop crying about losing my dog, so I am going to celebrate her with a blog post.
 I said goodbye to her when I was home for Christmas, but I didn't think we'd have to put her down so soon.
 Out of all the dogs we've had, she was by far the sweetest and most accommodating.
 Clearly.
 She and Tucker were good guard dogs.  Mom says they are probably already playing together right now. (in dog heaven)
 Mags liked to sleep anywhere.  And in every position.
 Here are the dog heaven friends.

 She LOVED to burrow on my mom's bed.
 And put up with being decorated for Christmas.
 Tiny puppy legs dangling.
 Getting a little wild with the scissors.
























I hope these two sweet pups in dog heaven know how much we loved our time with them.  They were such good dogs.

I love you, Maggie.  (Feb. 1996- Jan. 2011)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Caitie, I'm so so sorry. I know how much you loved her. I wish there were more comforting words. But the idea that she's somewhere chillin' with Tucker is comforting.

    I'm very sad for you right now, and am thinking of you.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete