Thursday, December 31, 2009

Where in the world was Caitie San Diego?

This has certainly been an entertaining couple of weeks. From puppies to long drives home to being so relaxed and on vacation that I forgot what day it is. In fact, I know it's New Years Eve, but I still don't know what day of the week it actually is.

I've been MIA for awhile. I didn't want to open my laptop because it reminded me of schoolwork!

The snow on Dec. 19 was amazing. It not only took Northern VA by storm (har har), but school was canceled for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I was sort of sad that I didn't get to say goodbye to my students and enjoy our generally "relaxed" days before the vacation, but it was also nice to get a full two and a half weeks off! (Phebe liked it, too).

Here's a vid of her attempting to navigate the paths I carved in the snow that was taller than she was: (I let her off the leash because she couldn't get anywhere--including toward me which was her goal)




I decided to come down to Mom's house on Wednesday. We had a lovely Christmas. I hung around a couple more days, enjoying being at home and reminiscing in the neighborhoods around my high school.

On Dec. 29, I left to come down to Nags Head for New Years with a bunch of friends from high school and (now) some new friends, too. We're having a really nice time in the biggest house I've ever been in. It has 4 levels, 1000 bedrooms (exaggerating), an indoor pool in the backyard... and... and elevator. Yep! I'm staying in a house that has an elevator!

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment