Sunday, August 28, 2011

Head Nods

This post has nothing to do with summer.  It's a musing.  And I realized in talking about it with my friend Jaime, that I REALLY feel passionately about it.

There are two types of Head Nods that guys can do.  The "Sup" and the "Ma'am".  I filmed myself performing each of these so you can see them.  


The "Sup" is what "cool guys" do.  It's not really a greeting.  It's not even really acknowledging someone else.  It's borderline aggressive and seems ready to fight.  I'm not a fan.  Saying "SUP" to someone doesn't make you awesome.




The "Ma'am" is a little more cowboy.  It's much more respectful, as the head goes down instead of up.  It's modest.  Think about a cowboy doing it, not me...




Thank you, Ma'am!  What's your preference?

No comments:

Post a Comment