Sunday, August 28, 2011

THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH

**Beware, there is a lot of bragging in this post**

Last Thursday, my friend Jaime and I went to Busch Gardens.  After Tuesday's earthquake and the impending Hurricane Irene, we figured Thursday was a great day to go.  Jaime took the day off work even!

We left Alexandria at about 8:00am, had zero traffic on a beautiful sunny morning, and arrived in Williamsburg at about 10:15am.

The first thing we did was go on the Loch Ness Monster. It's tradition.

After that, we had the MOST PERFECT DAY AT BUSCH GARDENS EVER!   There were no lines.  For several rides, we just walked up and got either on the car that was there or the next one that came in.
Seriously!  We did each ride once and our favorites twice.

Back in 1992, I went to Busch Gardens a few days before I started 6th grade.  I was ten, almost eleven, and I had shoulder-length blonde hair in a green synthetic scrunchie.  After going on the Roman Rapids about a million times (I think it was the Newest ride in 1992), we noticed that my blonde hair was green under the scrunchie. I didn't care, figuring that it would wash out when I got home.  It didn't.  My mom didn't want to dye my hair so we cut it.  And then cut it again.  I looked a boy.  It's still something that haunts me!!  ha!  So, you can imagine my panic when Jaime and I wandered into a store in Italy and saw this scrunchie:
Nooooooooo!!!!!

It was such an awesome day.  I had so much fun on all the roller coasters.  I laughed mostly, roaring laughter!  Until one.

I had been on all the rides at BG except for one.  Griffon. I was legitimately nervous waiting for Griffon just because I didn't know what to expect.  When we got on it, my heart was beating out of my chest.  When we started to make our ascent, and I couldn't see the track anymore, it beat even faster.  Then it happened.  Watch what happens when the coaster reaches the top of the 90 degree drop:
 IT STOPS!!  IT HOLDS YOU OVER THE DROP, STARING AT YOUR DOOM!!!   I screamed so loudly and so genuinely that I still have a scratchy voice three days later.

It was the best day at Busch Gardens.  One for the record books for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment