Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Guaranteed laugh...

Ever need a pick me up?   I've been doing quite a bit of laughing this summer for many reasons, but I can tell you about 3 specific ones that you can enjoy...

1. damn you, autocorrect!  and more specifically, this post: Best of June 2011.
Here's a little taste of one of my favorites:

If you have a smartphone or ever text someone who does, you know about autocorrect.  It's true that what you type doesn't always come out the way you meant it.  In fact, I meant to call someone "bud" the other day and ending up calling him "bun", adding a whole new dimension of fun explaining.   But it also reminded me of Friends (what doesn't?)...  http://youtu.be/Goo5UJ0kQd0


2. The tv series Freaks and Geeks.  I'm, like, Waaaaay behind the times on this one.  First of all, it came out in 1999/2000.  I remember hearing the name back then and thinking "I should watch that," but I never did. And people have referenced it over the years, but finally last Sunday, my friend Jaime put the 18-episode-series-on-5-DVDs in my hand and said, "Do yourself a favor."  Since I have abundant time these days, I started it...   I'm on episode 10 and I LOVE IT.  It's so funny and so good and it's got SO MANY stars in it, "before they were stars".  
Listen to my friend Jaime and "Do yourself a favor."

3. I read on my iBooks the book "Sh*t My Dad Says".   It was so funny that I laughed out loud several, several times.  Read it.  And then give it to your Dad.


Happy Summer!  Laugh away!

No comments:

Post a Comment