Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rainbow Cake!

For my Spring Break this year, I went to Savannah to visit Mandy. I arrived the day after her birthday and her friend Cassie (who is delightful, by the way) had made her an AMAZING cake.

So, with Lou's birthday coming up, I asked for the recipe and tried it. The cake part was fun and the icing needs work, but here is what it looked like:

The bottom layer was a vibrant purple, but it just doesn't look like it with my camera....
And I got to use a cool teal color to decorate the top...
Here's the magic!
So, happy birthday, my lou! I would not make that cake for just anybody. Love!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Lindsey! That cake is amazing by the way---I bet 29 year olds would love it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am officially obsessed with rainbow cakes. Can't get enough.

    ReplyDelete