Sunday, August 28, 2011

EARTHQUAAAAAAKE

Yeah, we had an earthquake last Tuesday.  I was at my school and we were interviewing a new 4th grade teacher.  Our school is very close to the road so sometimes when big trucks come by, it's loud and things shake.  So, when the table started shaking, I figured that's what it was.  But when it didn't stop, and I heard the filing cabinets in the next room shaking, I realized we were having an earthquake.

Fortunately, I grew up watching Saved By The Bell (where life lessons abound) so the first picture that flashed in my mind was A.C. Slater jumping to avoid the lockers and getting in the doorway.  So I yelled to everyone in our room, "Doorway! Doorway!"  Luckily, Mrs. Belding wasn't stuck in our elevator having a baby.

Things shook for about 35 seconds.  It was nuts!   We weren't even sure what happened.  But I got on facebook and I wasn't the only one who felt it.  Crazy!!

Here's the damage at my house:

Newspaper holders knocked down in Arlington.

Candles that fell off my tv.

Murphy took cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment